Thursday, June 12, 2008

If you believe then anything can happen


This morning we were all awakened by the sirens of a fire truck. Brody excitedly came into our room and asked me if I could please, please buy him a fire truck. I told Brody that it cost a lot of money but that didn't phase him. After another series of please please I told him that even cities have to finance the purchase of a new fire engine. Well of course that wasn't in two year old so he didn't understand a single word I said. I then told him we could try to find a little one and the begging immediately stopped and the hugest smile crept across his face.


Later on in the afternoon Brody and I had a picnic outside. We took out the sidewalk chalk and created some masterpieces in the front yard. Lots of giggles and chalk all over our clothes we spotted a fire truck down the street. Brody's eyes grew wide and we waved down the big red truck. The Long Beach Fire Department was kind enough to come down and maneuver right in front of our house. Brody was able to talk to a fireman and shake his hand. He told each one of them "wow, thank you". One fireman even gave Brody a sticker. Brody realized that dreams really do come true. Now I need to break the news that not all dreams come true just the ones God feels we are worthy of.


No comments: