Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby Names


So I got a little curious on what names we considered naming Brody. I went in search of this little pittiful baby name book that Mike and I got while taking a tour of St. Mary's Hospital back in 2005.


These were the alternatives for Broderick Michael:


  • Abner

  • Austin

  • Avery

  • Baily

  • Baxter

  • Benjamin

  • Brady

  • Broderick

  • Burke

  • Carter

  • Clayton

  • Drew

  • Eiden

  • Elijah

  • Ewen

  • Finley

  • Fuller

  • Garret

  • Gavan/Gavin

  • Haddan/Hadden/Haddon

  • HAuk

  • Ilias

  • Jacob

  • Jonathan

  • Kiley

  • Lyndon

  • Maddy

  • Michael

  • Nash

  • Nate

  • Nathan

  • Nathaniel

  • Neal

  • Owen

  • Page

  • Payton

  • Price

  • Reed

  • Sam

  • Shep

  • Sonny

  • Stanley

  • Taylor

  • Val

  • Van

Only a few names made it past the original picking, which were:



  • Brady

  • Clayton

So how did we get Broderick if it wasn't even in our last two names? Easy! There was no way in this world that I was going to walk around singing the Brady Bunch theme song when I called my sons name. I gave into Mike on the middle name Michael so he gave in on the first name Broderick. I can't picture my little devil being called anything else.

No comments: